Wednesday, June 15, 2016

My 56th birthday.


Today is my 56th birthday.
Each birthday is a special gift.
I used to take them for granted, but ever since 9/11 I have accepted every day as a gift from God.
He alone is the giver of life.
I'm very blessed by Him.

Today I had a phone call from my parents who sang happy birthday to me, at least...the shortened version! Then my aunt Ruth (Dad's sister) called, and chatted for one hour!
I went out for a while to Metrotown where I had lunch, hot coffee, and a raspberry donut. I browsed in a book store and bought a genealogy magazine and a doll magazine; it doesn't get any better than that! I also bought 4 really cute items for my dolls from Build-a-Bear shop. 

I visited a favourite $ store too, then headed home. It was only 10 C this morning. That is really chilly! The sun came out in the afternoon. Matthew called and chatted for 1/2 hour, then Leona called. I spoke to my Mom again, then Robert took me out for dinner at Boston Pizza. We shared a large pizza, and a hot baked cookie for dessert. Mmmm...
It's not fancy but one of my favourite places to eat.

Robert gave me a dozen crimson roses, and a lovely card.
On the weekend my parents gave me a pretty card, and a gift of cash. This is the first year I didn't receive any cards in the mail. I'm old-fashioned and I still LOVE to get real cards, but recently Carleton cards at Metrotown closed. I didn't even know it was closing until it was gone. 

I feel like my life is changing so dramatically and swiftly, that some days I can hardly catch my breath.
Tonight we paid our property taxes ONLINE. It was tricky to set up, but easy to do. It will be really easy to do next year. My head sometimes feels exceedingly dizzy.
In the year ahead I hope to slow down even more, and not become overwhelmed with all this change around me.
One thing which never changes is the constant love of my Heavenly Father.
By Loretta Houben

"Since his days are determined, and the number of his months is with you, and you have appointed his limits that he cannot pass." Job 14:5

No comments: