Monday, January 26, 2009

160 pounds!!!

I'm feeling ill. I'm feeling green. I'm dismayed. I weighed myself this morning and I'm 160 lbs. Isn't that atrocious? I can blame it on my plantar fasciitis and the wretched snow and ice on the ground, as I haven't been able to get to the gym since October, but isn't that number ghastly? I don't really eat that much at meal times, but my one besetting sin is nibbling and snacking. I'm like a small cow; constantly grazing. 

It doesn't help that I get to stay at home all week and all month! I've decided to once again do something about it. I'm going to try my best to get to the gym three times this week, and on the other days I'm going to try to get to the mall to do mall walking. It sounds dreadful boring, but tomorrow we have a SNOW warning in effect, and no one shovels their sidewalks around here, and we don't have snow plows in Vancouver, so I'm desperate. 

Plus starting today, I'm eating more protein (meat, nuts, peanut butter) and more fresh fruit and fresh veggies. The only thing that works for me is to cut out chocolate, and exercise a lot. An hour long walk each day works the best for me. My foot is feeling nearly 100% better, so I have no excuse for not walking, except the excuse of the inclement weather. What a lazy bones I've been...

By Loretta Houben

1 comment:

Betty said...

Be careful with that plantar fasciitis. I had that for a while once and was told to get these green insoles (can't think of the name)sold at Lady Footlocker. You have to trim them to fit your shoes. For me it was instant relief and I still use them in my walking shoes. Good luck.