Saturday, January 3, 2009

A nice day!

I had a wonderful time with my hubby yesterday. The roads are still slick and icy, especially in our part of the city, but we slid down our lane and made our way to the main roads, and did shopping errands all over Vancouver. We went to our local organic butcher shop, Windsor Meats on Main St, and stocked up on delicious organic grain fed meat. We stashed it in our cooler, and had coffee/tea at the local organic coffee shop across the street. We always feel like hippies in that neighbourhood.

We shopped at Scrapbook Warehouse on Oak St, where I got some great deals. (a stamp set marked down from $45 to $4) I also bought a heritage album and will try to get my older photos into one place this year. Then we did a big grocery shopping at Superstore, and stopped at Fabricland where Christmas fabric was 65% off!
Later in the afternoon we went by bus to the wonderful Vandusen Gardens, where we walked the icy and treacherous pathways and enjoyed the Festival of Lights. ($11 each admission) We drank delicious hot chocolate and ate superb hot waffles dripping with butter and syrup. We watched the light show by the frozen pond, and after 1 1/2 hours we caught another bus and headed downtown for a late supper at the Keg. It was interesting getting about the city by bus. I prefer our warm and personal car!

Well, guess what? It's snowing again. It's 9:23 am Saturday morning, and another blizzard is raging outside our windows. Wow. I'm speechless. I'm getting tired of taking snow photos, but I will try to get one of my Chatty dolls outside today, as today is a quiet and relaxing day which we are spending at home.
Here's a photo from Dec 27, when we were on our way to the Skytrain: (click on photo for a large view, where you will really see the snow...)


By Loretta Houben

No comments: