Sunday, July 12, 2009

Photo diet Day 4

I'm getting better at breakfasts. This morning I woke up early, and planned what I would eat. This is phenomenal; I had a piece of toast with jam only; no margarine! I call it "baby steps"! I'm trying to initiate a change in my eating habits which will last the rest of my life. It's not easy. I've discovered I like bread too much! Today I had scrambled eggs, a piece of 12 grain toast, black tea, and one apricot. (I couldn't manage to eat the other one, so it's still sitting on the kitchen counter)

When I put together these blog posts at the end of the day, it doesn't seem like I'm eating much at all. However, my bathroom scale broke so I have no idea how much I weigh. For lunch I realized I was being quite wicked as I'd planned to have BBQ hamburgers. We have stacks of frozen patties in the freezer! What on earth will we do with them? We have a huge box of 46 patties that we got for FREE at Pricesmart! Anyhow, I used whole wheat buns for these, but that will be the last of hamburgers for a while; next time we'll make grilled chicken or salmon! I added tomato, lettuce, red onion and a zucchini relish from the Farmer's Market. I did NOT put mayonnaise on at all! I had a fruit cup for dessert; local raspberries and local blueberries. NO ice cream!

For supper, believe it or not, I made blueberry scones, and took them and an apple and a water bottle to a picnic at Deer Lake Park. We sat on the ground with some friends from church, and listened to a relaxing FREE classical music concert put on by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. A young girl named Esther played a stunning solo part. She is only 13 years old. I nearly fell asleep, but it was quite windy and chilly, so it kept me awake! It was a fun night. Alas, are you ready for my confession? I didn't eat ONE scone, I ate FOUR scones. They were soooo good. If you would like the Scotch recipe, just leave a note with your email address!





2 comments:

Just Me said...

Mmm! I would love your scone recipe! I'm always looking for good things to go with my tea and coffee breaks! Your food pictures always look yummy! Hugs and Glitter!
Patti
mochapatti@comcast.net

Just Me said...

BTW, I left something for you on my blog. It's on the Monday, July 13th post. Enjoy!
Patti