Thursday, July 9, 2009

Photo diet

My sister, Leona, has come up with a new way to try and lose weight.
We're going to take a photo of each meal and snack we have each day, for one week.
It's already made a difference for me; I've stopped nibbling, because I'm too embarrassed to take pictures of that much food. Tee...hee...
The picture above shows my typical breakfast. I cannot make a hot breakfast for myself; I can only gag down one piece of whole wheat toast and one piping hot cup of black tea with cream and sugar. In this case, the toast has home made BC strawberry jam. Yummy.
For lunch today I had a toasted whole wheat sandwich (it's really 12 grain bread) with peanut butter and chopped up banana inside. I ate a handful of fresh green peas from the Farmer's Market, and a small Mini-go yogurt. I also had a small piece of dark chocolate for dessert. After walking for half an hour to the library in Burnaby, (took the Skytrain back home) I had a snack of grapes, water and alas, cheesies which I'd bought at the $ store for only 50 cents. Supper was simple; cheese bread from the local bakery, and corn/chicken chowder soup. I had a cup of plain tea for dessert, and one small piece of dark chocolate. What do you think so far, Leona?
It doesn't seem like much. I'm lacking milk and way more water. Eeeks.
Maybe that's why my body is storing so much fat! It thinks it's starving! I also had a snack after the walk in the evening, consisting of a rice cake and a cup of fruity tea (no cream or sugar). And I must confess that I did have a slice of cheese bread toast and a 1/2 cup of skim milk for a bed time snack.
Leona thinks I should cut out the BREAD. I agree. I've heard that works wonders.
Sadly, my bathroom scale broke, so I don't have any idea what I weigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way small!!! as soon as your hus fixes my computer, i will send my photos and we'll see who eats alot!!! that's hardly a thing, i predict that in one week you will loose 25 pounds. my tip: stop the bread.

Just Me said...

Take baby steps. You can't do it all at once! If you just cut out the bread and increase your water, that will show a big difference. The first step is mental and when you've decided to make the change and be determined then just chip away just a little at a time. I'm rootin' for ya!
Hugs and Glitter,
Patti