Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Secret Santa for Bleuette!

My Bleuette doll group online is currently having a Secret Santa swap.
In fear and trepidation I entered, knowing I'd have to create something above the ordinary, as the women in this group are expert seamstresses. But they are lovely, wonderful women, too!
I've learned so much from this group over the past year. It's been a delight to be included.
The name given to me was Maryse, an antique Bleuette living in Washington state.
She adores red, so I went through my red stash of fabric and found this pretty piece with tiny gold candy canes scattered across the background.
I also found a scrap of red velveteen.
Then I had to choose the patterns from the 1920's era, and dear Martha, the leader of the group, helped me out with that! The dress is "Robe Habillee" #19, 1921.
The robe is from the same era.
Yvette Marie is modeling. She really didn't want to remove these things.
She "helped" me sew on the 103 gold beads on the dress. It really was fun!
Maryse received her gift the other day and is delighted. Whew.

No comments: