Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day 11; 2010 Olympics

Monday, February 22 was a fantastic spring like day. This is the strangest winter yet. I had to MOW THE LAWN today! It was growing too high. My allergies are horrific too. But we have a dog, and she does her business in the back, and it's too difficult to clean up when the lawn is a foot high! I also dug in my garden with a pitch fork, turning over the earth, and didn't even need a sweater let alone a jacket. I hung out a load of laundry too. It was 15 C. It was nice to stay home and get caught up on the household chores. We watched the Ice Dance competition in the evening, and Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir won GOLD, beating the Russians. It's the first time anyone has won gold in this category from North America. We were so thrilled, we went to Stanley Park and took these photos.
Whenever a Canadian wins Gold, the Olympic rings in the harbour turn a golden colour.
I don't know what I'm going to do next week when all this excitement has vanished.
I realize more and more how much I love our city!

No comments: