Monday, March 29, 2010

The Beaconsfield Inn, Victoria, BC

While roaming Blogland last week, I stumbled upon someone's post about this inn.
I visited the Beaconsfield website (click here) and was entranced with the photos and the description. I called and made a reservation for this past weekend, and when I called back the next day because I hadn't received the email confirmation yet, I was told we had been upgraded to the McClure Room, which was $50 more, but we weren't charged for that. As soon as we stepped into the Inn, we were delighted with what we saw.
Here are a few scenes of our gorgeous room.
It's filled with antiques.
There is even a daybed!
Here is the library where we retired each evening, to partake of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and tea. The leather couches were very comfy, and a warm gas fire was always burning.
We discovered a log in our own fireplace, and enjoyed a real fire each evening, drifting off to sleep with the crackle and the glow of firelight in the room. We loved it!

No comments: