Saturday, January 1, 2011

My Christmas doll

My Christmas doll, given to me by my hubby.
Isn't she darling? I love these dolls from the 1940's or 1950's.
I received my very first doll 50 years ago, so I sure haven't changed too much.
Getting a new doll thrills me more than getting jewelery or clothes.
However, I still love getting a book more, but don't tell the dolls that!
This is a Madame Alexander named Wendy. I don't know anything else about her.
Her hat, clothes, socks and shoes are original.

5 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

She is beautiful...blessings on your New Year....Shelley

Betty said...

She's adorable. I still like receiving dolls too. I even make it easy for my husband by picking them out myself. :) I don't know anything about that doll, but there must be information online. How tall is she? Happy New Year!

GardenOfDaisies said...

She is sweet! I just took a peek at your doll blog too.
I was looking at your photos over in the side bar.. oh my goodness, that could have been me! I lived in Vancouver when I was a young girl in the 60's.

Della said...

Hi Loretta,
Happy New Year to you, too, and thank you for stopping by the Fürsts and leaving those lovely words! May the New Year be full of good health and much creative inspiration!

Helen said...

She is beautiful. Love the dress, the hat, the whole outfit.