Wednesday, June 15, 2011

My birthday celebration.

Today is my __st birthday. I'm 50 and holding.
Robert, Matthew and I ate at "Vancouver" Pizza last night.
We won't mention the "B" word here...they have changed their name temporarily to Vancouver Pizza until the end of the NHL Playoff season, which I am happy to say will end tonight.

Here you can see the Canuck's flag in the background, proof that once again the Playoffs have continued until my birthday. Sigh. I sure don't want a repeat of 17 years ago!
Does anyone else have a birthday on Game 7 day of the final round?

Mmm...we all shared this small piece of scrumptious birthday cake.

Matthew gave me a pretty bouquet of lillies, and a wonderful set of Folio books, written by Edith Nesbit; "Five Children and It", "The Phoenix and the Carpet" and "The Story of the Amulet". These books were written in the early 1900's and I read the first one as a child and have always enjoyed it. Nesbit also wrote "The Railway Children", another of my favourite books.
The Folio Society produces wonderful hardcover books. Matthew is a member and is stocking his ever growing library with their volumes. He is an avid reader.

And here is Robert's gift to me; an iPad! It's open to my blog page.
I just love that thing; it's amazing. I'm glad I waited for it and never bought a laptop!

Leona bought me a tiny piece of mango cake. It was delicious.
We played "Taboo", a word game Matthew had just bought.
It was mind bending and quite fun. I had an enjoyable evening.
Birthdays are wonderful when spent with family!

1 comment:

Betty said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday. I'm playing catch up this morning and reading some blogs. Happy Birthday a little late!