Sunday, August 7, 2011

Our 3rd day in Anaheim, UFDC; Monday, July 25, 2011

Next morning bright and early we headed to Disneyland again, as there wasn't much happening at UFDC convention except boring meetings! We definitely were not interested in those. There were also Dolly Dialogues which sounded quite interesting, but truth to tell, I'd much rather go to Disneyland with Linda and Robert! Here we are waiting for the shuttle bus. We paid $4.00 each for the whole day; a really good price.
(although the shuttle bus used to be free in the 1990's, until Disneyland made the whole area into a resort)

I took many photos, but am choosing the best ones for my blog posts.
A professional photographer took this one, using my camera. He used the right settings on it.
We bought the professional photo too. Isn't this a great angle for the castle?

Linda and I spent some time in the Emporium, purchasing our souvenirs, using our 10% off coupon we'd received the night before on our dinner receipt. (which I alertly noticed before throwing it away) It was a special deal which expired on Thursday. I bought a lovely purse with Mickey and Minnie cartoons on it.

We met Robert at 12:45 for our lunch date at the Blue Bayou in New Orleans Square.
This is another of our traditions. I had made the reservation 3 weeks ago. It was just as wonderful an experience as the first time! We sat by the water's edge. Of course my photos from inside did not turn out, so instead here is a photo of a beautiful stained glass in a perfume shop in the square; Walt Disney and his wife picked it out while on a trip to Europe.

Robert mailing postcards home and to friends who had signed up for Yvette Marie to send them one.

We watched the parade around 4:00, which was magnificent.
We returned to our hotel to rest, and came back in the evening.

Me and Robert waiting for our shuttle bus in the evening. That evening was warm and balmy.
Look at those lovely palm trees!

Our riverboat tour guide. We had quite an adventure on this; the ride "malfunctioned" and when we were nearly finished the tour, with one boat ahead of us, the ride stopped, and the lights went out.
We sat there for quite a while, and finally had to GO BACKWARDS all the way to the beginning!
We were given a pass to bypass any ride, but it was already 9:30 and the firework show was just beginning, so on our way out, Linda stopped at the customer relations building and negotiated and got 3 ride passes for our next trip there.

After the frightening experience on the river, we consoled ourselves at the Gibson's Ice Cream Parlour.

Robert was also consoled.

One more picture of the parade which wouldn't load up above.
We got back to our hotel at 11:00 pm, and headed to the UFDC salesroom, which was finally open!
It was another full day.


Robert Houben said...

We had a great time there! I wanted to add that the jungle-tours guide did an awesome job of ad-libbing when the ride got stuck.

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

I'm sure you had a great time! Great group of pictures.