Monday, December 12, 2011

Flashback to 1981!

Robert and I, recently engaged, Christmas 1981.
Somehow it just doesn't seem possible that this was 30 years ago.
Of course, we were a lot younger looking and much thinner!
We were so happy and in love.
This picture was taken by my parent's pretty tree, in the home on Monmouth Ave.
I had made the skirt and blouse to wear for the church Christmas contata the previous year, which had been combined with the Seattle branch church.

Underneath the mistletoe, Christmas Eve 1981.
I gave Robert the burgundy velour top; they were very much in style that year.
I also gave him a dark blue one, and a pair of grey pants.
He gave me a beautiful wooden jewellery box, lined with velvet.
I still have it, but Robert's clothes are long gone!

1 comment:

Celestial Charms said...

Wonderful memories. Funny, I remember my Grandmother had a Christmas ornament exactly like the one shown on the tree. She passed away in 2000, but oddly enough today is her birthday. So this is another reminder of her for me today. Thanks for that, for whenever I think of her, I'm filled with joy and a smile. :)
Maureen