Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The rest of my birthday

I neglected to add this to the Othello Tunnels post.
It was pitch black in the tunnels. My camera flash lights it up nicely.
The first tunnel was the longest; there are four in total.

Proof that the sun lasted all day! This was around 4 pm.
Travelling along the Coquihalla Hwy.

There was a lot of snow on the ground. It was 8 C here.

We stopped at the only rest area along the way and had tea and coffee.
Snow was on the ground behind this little concession stand.

Having my free birthday dinner at Boston Pizza in Merritt.

We stayed at the Best Western on Walters St in room 109.
It was very nice and spotlessly clean!
It was a terrific day. The clouds swept in that evening and the rest of the time was overcast with showers. That night we watched Nik Wallenda tightrope walk across Niagra Falls, an event which cancels out the riots in Vancouver on my birthday last year! Yay!!!!

No comments: