Monday, October 15, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 2012

Monday, October 8, 2012.
The warmest Thanksgiving Day in years!

Robert drinking up the sun with Kelsie, after vacuuming the whole house for me.
We had just bought a new Rainbow vacuum but it malfunctioned (due to the separator not being put on properly as we found out later) so he had to use the old vacuum. 


Close up of my apple basket which I bought at Hop On Farms.

My pretty table. I love to decorate modestly.
Leona gave me the orange flower centerpiece. 

I made the place cards. The glass dish is from a vintage set from Grandma Helen Brutke.

Dad, Leona, Colin, Matthew, Robert, Paul, Mom.

My Mom gave me this dish set by Johnson Brothers. She bought it in the 1970's and I've always loved the design, so it's tradition to use this each Thanksgiving.

My Dad enjoying his gigantic drumstick! We bought a huge free range, grain fed turkey from Windsor meats on Main Street. It was superb.

Close up of the delicious food. Green and yellow beans, fresh cranberry sauce, brussels sprouts, mashed potatoes with my Mom's homemade gravy, turkey (on another platter) and stuffing.

Dessert time using my vintage peach lustre set.
That's an apple pie made by my Mom. There is nothing in the world like that pie!
Matthew and I fight over it.

Matthew re-arranged my pumpkin display. Ha...ha...
This is the first time I've found white pumpkins here in Canada.

1 comment:

Write 2 The Point said...

Hey Loretta, I have nominated you for a Liebster award. To see what this means, check out my webpage http://write2thepoint.blogspot.com/2012/10/its-award-i-have-been-nominated-for.html