Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I can hardly believe it's St. Patrick's Day already, as the weather has been so very cold and wet and it still feels very much like winter. Which it is for a few more days, but this winter has been so Very Wet Indeed! My snowdrops are all bloomed off, and the crocuses only had a few sunny days to enjoy their life before they were battered to a purple pulp, but the grass has already been mowed once and needs mowing again, and the pink blossom trees are blooming along with the mini daffodils so there's hope; spring is just around the corner! Here are my little Bleuettes in their green finery. This year I'm trying to keep up with the seasons on my window seat.




This is a very special doll which I saved up on lay-a-way from a friend named Ren.
She arrived last Saturday, March 9. She is made by Barbi K Goldenberg who passed away last December from cancer. I had wanted to purchase a Rosette painted by her, as she was the first one to make a Rosette mold, and I loved her painting. Now my dream has come true.
I made her dress using a 1959 pattern designed by Martha Nichol.

Erin go bragh!

No comments: