Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Trip to Seattle WA on Aug 14 - 15, 2013.

We received an invitation to a party with the Gothard Sisters in Seattle WA.
The event was the evening of Aug 14, so Robert worked in the am, and at 11:30 am we headed to the US Peace Arch border where we sat in a line up for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
We made it to our hotel in Lynwood at 4:30, checked in and changed quickly, raced to supper at Aztica and then to the concert. Whew.
This is Greta, Willow and Solana Gothard with their new album, Compass.

Myself with the young ladies. They are certainly very talented.
We love their music.

The next day we visited the American Girl store, of course!
Alas, Molly and Emily, my favourite dolls after Samantha and Nellie, are being retired.

This is Saige, the doll of the year.

And this is my favourite prop of all, but it's $350!

Me beside Saige's hot air balloon.

For the first time ever, I was struck with a modern doll; #13.
Isn't she darling?

We visited the Red Door Spa in Bellevue so I could stock up on my face cream/cleansers which I'm now addicted to.

We ate lunch at PF Chiang's, a delicious Chinese chain.

A brief stop in White Rock was the perfect ending to a lovely day.
We ate supper at a lovely fish place for which I've forgotten the name.

The sunset was so pretty.

Wild sweet peas by the train tracks.

2 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

What a lovely trip for you. Those girls are great performers,and so pretty.I have only heard them through video. How great that you got to meet them. I have always loved the Emily AG doll. I am sad they are retiring her,and Molly too. My granddaughter is wanting Saige for her 10th birthday next month. Those sweet peas are beautiful...how I wish they grew wild here....blessings dear friend

Loretta said...

Thanks for commenting, Shelley! Saige is a lovely doll. I don't collect the doll of the year as I do not have room! I'm glad I have Molly and Emily thought. They are two of my favourites!