Thursday, December 17, 2015

Christmas 40 years ago


The colour prints of the 1970's era left much to be desired, in my opinion.
So I changed the photo to daguerreotype using my Picmonkey program.
I think it gives it an added depth!
Myself in the back, Leona, Marie, Marlene.
We had such fun together. And look at the stack of gifts!
Our tree improved in size too, and was put to the side of the front door.


The orange glow of the 1970's.
I'm grateful to have these few photos. 


My Dad (age 46) is holding a glass Avon container in the shape of a 1920's style car, which most likely held after shave. He liked these gifts, and had a collection in his own bathroom downstairs.I'm not sure what Marie is holding. I have a really neat old fashioned style book newly printed, filled with beautiful engravings and paintings full of artwork from children's books in the 1800's and 1900's. I loved that book. Grandma May Williams (age 67) joined us this year. I don't know what she thought! She never spoiled us with gifts of any kind. She sometimes gave us $1.00 and that was all. Maybe she disliked children being spoiled.


I think I prefer the black and white!
I do wish my mom would have been in a few photos.
By Loretta Houben

No comments: