Friday, March 11, 2016

Collingwood Historical Society


Today I attended the Collingwood Historical Society, a new society that has just formed. I'm one of 6 members. I've lived in this area all of my life, except for 5 years when we were first married and couldn't afford the rent here. (and that was 34 years ago!)
Being a member of a committee isn't fast paced; it's rather slow and boring work to begin with. Hopefully things will pick up now, and the good work will begin.

The above photo shows the first library in the Collingwood area of Vancouver BC.
It was named the Bursill Institute Library, and founded by John Francis Bursill on the same street on which I live.
Jennifer Gray-Grant, executive director for Collingwood Neighbourhood House, heads the committee, and she commended me today on my writing ability, saying I had a unique style. I write articles for the Renfrew Collingwood newspaper, and have written historical and commemorative ones since 2006.
I was pleased to have her compliment me, as she was a newspaper journalist in the past.
I just had to comment about it here on my little blog, because I've often posted about my articles and my writing Wednesdays.
By Loretta Houben



No comments: